You can create an exclusive work of authorship from the most available materials. You don’t have to be a professional artist to do it. A stylish work of art, which takes a central place in the house, is a highlight that can give your interior an individuality.
Painting from buttons
You can use completely unremarkable materials to create masterpieces. A great idea for decorating the room can be the most ordinary buttons, you can find them in any home. With the buttons you can make your little masterpiece, which is sure to delight and amaze your guests.
To make a painting out of buttons you need to prepare the following materials:
- Buttons – a variety of colors and shapes that are available.
- Canvas or a sheet of thick cardboard, which can be covered with a decorative fabric.
- Glue gun.
- You can use a ready-made stencil by laying it on the surface of the canvas and tracing along the edge. After the stencil is pasted on the canvas or the sketch is marked – you can begin to decorate the picture or panel.
Buttons need to be carefully washed and degreased (you can also use the most common dishwashing detergent). Then they should be dried.
Then you can begin to glue the buttons with a glue gun to the surface of the canvas or on a stencil.
The gaps between the buttons can be filled with small materials – beads, rhinestones, beads, glass beads, etc.
To give the image volume, you can glue the buttons one on top of the other, playing with color and shape. Complement the masterpiece of buttons will help to draw details, embroidery and collage.
Painting from scraps of leather
In any house you can find old leather things that are no longer used for their intended purpose. It is very easy to breathe new life into these things: they can turn into a beautiful panel. Plastic and durable leather is a wonderful material for various crafts.
The technique of creating a panel:
- Focusing on the size of the frame, cut a cardboard base.
- Cut a piece of burlap, which is the same size as the cardboard sheet.
- Glue the burlap to the cardboard (only the edges). Insert the canvas into the frame and fasten it with nails.
- After you need to prepare a template, draw an image and cut its outline.
- With the help of a template (template) you need to draw on the skin and cut out the details of the picture. Make veins on the leaves, shallow incisions.
- Then, fold the leaves in half and pressed with tweezers, they are handled with a lit candle. When all the leaf veins open, you can start processing the edges, slightly bending them.
Some parts can give an expressive volume with tweezers. For example, to create berries. Then, the finished parts should be placed over the sketch and glued with a glue gun. The picture is ready! It remains to attach a loop to the back side and hang the homemade masterpiece on the wall.
Are you looking for some tips to help you decorate your home with art? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Decorating your home with art can be a great way to add personality and style to your space. But it can also be a bit daunting, especially if you’re not sure where to start.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Start with the basics.
Before you start shopping for art, it’s important to have a basic understanding of the different types of art available. This will help you narrow down your options and find pieces that fit your style.
2. Consider your budget.
Art can be expensive, so it’s important to consider your budget before you start shopping. There are plenty of affordable options out there, so don’t feel like you have to spend a fortune.
3. Think about the space.
When you’re selecting art for your home, it’s important to think about the size and shape of the space you’re working with. You don’t want to overcrowd a small space or choose a piece that’s too small for a large wall.
4. Pay attention to the colors.
The colors in your art should complement the colors in your home. If you’re not sure where to start, consider choosing a piece that contains colors that are already present in your space.
5. Hang it at the right height.
When hanging art, be sure to hang it at the right height. This will vary depending on the size of the piece and the height of the ceilings in your home. But a good rule of thumb is to hang art so that the center of the piece is at eye level.
6. Step back and take a look.
Once you’ve hung your art, step back and take a look. Make sure you like the way it looks in the space and that it fits with the rest of your decor. If you’re not happy with the way it looks, don’t be afraid to move it around until you find the perfect spot.
Decorating your home with art can be a great way to add personality and style. By following these tips, you can find the perfect pieces for your space and create a beautiful and inviting home.