Blossom home design art is a unique form of art that combines elements of both home design and traditional art. This type of art is often used to add a personal touch to a home, and can be used to express the personality of the homeowner. Blossom home design art can be used to create a one-of-a-kind look for a home, and can be used to add value to a home.
Phytodesign is one of the trends in design. It deals with the arrangement of space with the help of plants. The main task of phytodesign is to choose the right plants and place them harmoniously in the room. To make fewer mistakes when decorating, there are basic rules of phytodesign. Let’s consider them.
- Plants in the room should not be too much, so as not to overload the space.
- The amount of vegetation should be consistent with the size of the room.
- A high plant increases the height of the ceiling.
- A wide crown visually reduces the height of the ceiling.
- The size of the plant together with the container should match the size of the furniture and the room. For example, miniature plants in vases will not look harmonious in a large room. And a tall palm tree is inappropriate in a small narrow room.
- For a group composition, choose no more than one bright flower that stands out strongly from the rest.
- Do not place colored vegetation on a patterned background. Compositions with large green leaves look good against such a background.
- Stick to the contrast between the background and the vegetation.
- Do not use too flashy and bright pots for flowers. They will distract attention from the plant.
- Maintain the contrast between the container and the flower. Green plantings contrast well with white, beige, and other pastel shades.
Varieties of shapes and sizes
There are different kinds of indoor plants. They vary in size and shape. Before you go shopping, you need to decide on the right species for your home. These are the kinds of houseplants you should consider:
- Tall and large.
- Suspended climbing plants.
- Small, low-growing ones.
- Unique colors.
Every home has room for tall varieties. They are good to fill in empty corners, accent a wall or create a focal point in the interior. They look good alone and in a group. Usually a flower pot stands on the floor in a floor vessel. They are appropriate to put in spacious large halls in the style of minimalism, loft, high-tech. Below are the most beautiful and hardy species:
- Areca palm.
- Cactus thistle.
- A fig tree.
- Ficus caoutchoucous.
- Ficus Benjamin.
Climbing flowers will perfectly complement the interior of any room. They can be grown in pots on a shelf or hung from the ceiling or wall. They are suitable for vertical gardening and creating phytomaps. Either way, it will look beautiful. The best climbing flowers:
- Philodendron heart-shaped.
- Ivy Hedera.
- Scindapsus goldenrod.
- Cissus ampelicus.
- Crested Rowley.
- Dyschidia ampelna.
Small varieties are suitable for placement on racks, shelves, nightstands, stands. This is the best place for them to display. If you want to improve the appearance of your shelves, low-growing vegetation is a must. It will attract attention, fill in the gaps and give freshness.
If there isn’t much space in the room, you can hang low-growing flowers from the ceiling in the corners of the room. This will make the ceiling visually higher. Small plants look good in small rooms in the house: in the kitchen or in the bedroom. The best low-growing flowers:
Separately, you can distinguish varieties whose decorative leaves have a unique color. For example, croton (codium), coleus, tillandsia, begonia Rex. They are suitable for creating interesting focal points in the interior.
What tasks in the interior can plants solve?
Designers add living vegetation to the interior with different purposes. In addition to decor, they can perform a number of other functions. Let’s see what tasks they can solve.
Zoning the space
Creating a partition filled with green vegetation is a great way to divide the space into zones. The partition lets in light and does not visually reduce the space. Real live flowers improve air quality. Here’s a selection of varieties of vegetation to divide the space:
- Money tree.
- Areca palm.
- Creating a focal point
Plants have a natural tendency to attract attention. If you want to quickly draw attention to an important feature of the interior, place a container of a flower there. It helps to fully appreciate the design.
Fill in empty corners
Green plants are perfect for filling in empty corners in a room. They will instantly transform any boring corner. Bringing a portion of greenery into the interior, flowers improve the appearance of the room and do not clutter up the space.
Decorating the space
This is the main purpose of flowers in the interior. Thanks to the variety of types of vegetation there are countless variations for decoration. For any occasion, there is sure to be an indoor plant. They will decorate the interior of different styles.
Using greenery in a home interior is an opportunity to add structure. Structure makes a room more stylish, pleasing to find, and increases visual interest.
Recommendations for choosing plants for different rooms
There are hundreds of types of houseplants that are easy to get lost in. The following information will help you figure out how to choose vegetation for different rooms in your home.
When deciding to fill their home with greenery, many people don’t think about the kitchen. They think that high temperatures and grease can be an obstacle to healthy growth. However, there are plants that will do great in the kitchen. Let’s take a look at them:
- Citrus tree. In addition to the pleasant aroma it fills the entire space with, the citrus tree looks beautiful.
- Violets. They love lots of light. Place them on the windowsill. They will add bright colors to the kitchen.
- Cacti. Require little maintenance and are a fashionable addition to the kitchen.
- Fern. Unpretentious, non-toxic. Likes humidity and indirect light.
- Geraniums. Its smell deters insects. Likes bright sunlight and regular watering.
- Chlorophytum. Praised for its cleansing abilities and unpretentiousness. Looks good on a wall or windowsill in a bright container.
You can place pots of flowers on the windowsill, hang them on the wall or put them on shelves and racks.
On the kitchen windowsill, you can create a mini vegetable garden to grow different types of edible herbs: parsley, basil, celery, mint, melissa, etc.
The part of the house where all the housemates spend most of their time. There are many plants that are suitable for the living room. Here are some of them:
- Monster (an evergreen liana).
- A rubber-bearing ficus.
- Money tree.
- Areca palm.
- English ivy.
- Spatiophyllum, etc.
Everybody knows about the amazing ability of plants to purify the air and enrich it with oxygen. But not everybody realizes that oxygen is released only during daylight. In the evening and at night the plant absorbs oxygen and releases carbon dioxide. Therefore, in the interior of the bedroom you should not arrange a large number of flowers and create a greenhouse. One or three pots with vegetation is enough. Here is a list of flowers suitable for the bedroom:
- English ivy.
- Ficus Benjamin.
- Areca palm.
When placing greenery in a child’s room, keep safety in mind. Young children can taste the leaves. Therefore, it is unacceptable to put any toxic plants in the nursery.
For example, poisonous are considered:
- Hyacinth, etc.
The following plant names listed are safe to place in the nursery.
- Sansevieria (snake plant).
- Dracaena, etc.
Plants in the bathroom can not be found very often. This is mainly due to the lack of windows in the room, high humidity and temperature fluctuations. Not all indoor flowers are able to grow in such conditions with artificial light. We have made a list of vegetation suitable for the bathroom. We recommend placing flowers in the bathroom if the room has a window that lets in natural light.
- Asplenium nesting. Likes dim indirect light and high humidity.
- Scindapsus. Easily tolerates low light and not regular watering.
- Calatea. Resistant to low light and high humidity.
- Nephrolepis. Likes high humidity and bright sunlight. The best place for it – on a window sill in the bathroom or on the wall next to the window.
- Aglaonema. Likes humidity, but does not tolerate sudden changes in temperature. Can grow in low light.
- Gardenia. Damp air is its natural habitat. It grows well in bright indirect light. Suitable for a bathroom with a window facing west or south.
Shade-tolerant species will do well in the hallway. Since corridors are not famous for the abundance of sunlight. Therefore, the best choice is a shade-loving species, unpretentious in care.
If you have an empty corner, then it will be spectacular to look there a large large plant in a pot. For example, palm Hovea, room bamboo, calathea, fatsia, aspidistra, yucca.
A good choice for placement on bollards, shelves and racks would be: zamioculcas, sansevieria, philodendron, phlebodium, asplenium Krissi.
Before you head to the store for vegetation for your balcony, think about the conditions. How much sunlight do you have on your balcony? Is it glazed or open? All of these factors influence your choice.
The best shade-loving species for the balcony are begonia, azalea, exotic alocasia, trudescantia, cyclamen, aglaonema.
The best light-loving species for the balcony: lilies, geraniums, lavender, succulents and cacti, sansevieria.
What plants will be in fashion in 2023?
Every year, experts assess plant trends. According to them, the following plants will be the most significant in 2023:
Fatsia japonica. A beautiful planting with large, spreading leaves of unusual shape. Consider it instead of a monster. With its presence, it changes the feel of a room and gives it a touch of luxury. Great for creating a statement in a space.
Begonia. A blooming ornamental plant known for its beautiful colors. It will suit any room. Because of its versatile appearance, it will be popular in years to come.
African Violet. Available in many colors, from purple to pink, red and white. With proper care, it can bloom for months on end.
Kalanchoe. Easy to care for. Has thick succulent leaves that look fresh and beautiful all year round. Thanks to the attractive colors will fit perfectly into any design.
Maranta. Has a spectacular coloring. The upper part of the leaf is green and the lower part has a purple hue. At dark, the leaves of the maranta fold up like a hand in prayer. The flower’s beauty keeps it at the peak of popularity in designers’ projects.
We have shared with you tips and tricks for using indoor plants in the interior. We hope they will help you refresh your space with beautiful living greenery.